1. DATA COLLECTION
DMS collects the personal data of users of the Website specifically via the 'contact' and 'registration form' sections.
Personal data is defined as: "Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an "identifiable natural person" is deemed to be a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more elements specific to his or her physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity".
2. COLLECTED DATA
The personal data collected by DMS includes:
- the surname, first name, email address, telephone number, billing address, and payment data of the Website user,
- information about the use of the Website collected via cookies and/or other tracers: the Website pages visited, the date and time of access, and behavioural data relating to the analysis of actions and choices made on the Website.
When registering, and at any time during their use of the Website, the user undertakes to update their personal data and information. As such, he or she guarantees the truthfulness, accuracy and completeness of the information sent to the Website and is solely responsible for any errors, omissions or failure to update said information.
3. DATA COLLECTION PURPOSES
The data communicated to the Website enables DMS to:
- improve the user experience on the Website;
- email personalised solicitations and the DMS newsletter;
- provide the requested services and/or information;
- allow the processing of the subscription and concluded contract;
- anonymously produce statistics on the activity of the Website in order to measure, in particular, the satisfaction and quality of the services and thus enabling the improvement and optimisation of the Website;
- manage the security of the Website.
4. DATA USE AND TRANSMISSION
DMS is responsible for the processing the personal data collected for its services.
DMS is, together with its subcontractors and contractual partners, the sole recipient of said data.
The data is hosted by Amazon Web Services LLC.
DMS only transmits the personal data of Website users to third parties:
- when the said user has given his or her prior consent to share this information;
- when DMS needs to share this information with its service providers and to provide the services requested by said user; and
- when DMS receives a request from a judicial authority or any administrative authority empowered by law, requesting the communication of this information in accordance with the legal provisions in force.
5. DATA RETENTION PERIOD
DMS keeps the personal data communicated to it for a period of time strictly necessary for the performance of its activity.
Personal data is retained for a period of three (3) years from the last interaction between the user and the Website or from the end of the subscription/contract concluded by the said user, with the exception of any electronic contracts worth more than one hundred and twenty (120) Euros which will be archived for a period of ten (10) years commencing at the end of the relationship.
Some data may be kept (invoices, estimates, credit notes) for a commercially reasonable period of time for backup, archiving and auditing purposes. In particular, the mandatory retention period for invoices is ten (10) years.
Cookies are kept for a maximum period of thirteen (13) months from their collection.
6. RIGHTS OF INDIVIDUALS WITH REGARD TO THE COLLECTED DATA
All users of the Website have the right to request access to their personal data including the correction or deletion thereof, to limit the processing of their personal data, to oppose such processing and to exercise data portability. These rights may be exercised by sending a request:
- by email to the following address: email@example.com or,
- by post to the following address: Digital Music Solutions, 118-130 avenue Jean Jaurès - 75171 Paris Cedex 19.
The user also has the right to lodge a complaint with a personal data protection control authority.
Depending on the user’s cookie settings, each user accepts that the Website memorises information about their browsing habits, in particular, to ensure the proper functioning of the Website, to establish statistics about frequentation, and to optimise its conditions of use and the services on offer.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small text file deposited on the hard disk. It contains data relating to the connection and specifically the name of the server that saved it, and usually an identifier in the form of a unique number and possibly an expiry date. This identifier may enable the Website to recognise the user's computer, browser, mobile or tablet at each visit. Cookies are managed by the user's web browser.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE USED?
These cookies are necessary for the operation of the Website and enable the requested services to be accessed. For example, this includes cookies that allow visitors to access secure areas or use the messaging/chat tools on the Website.
They also make it possible to improve navigation on the Website specifically by saving the preferences of the user as expressed during his or her visit to the Website. The information collected via these cookies is anonymous and does not allow the user to be identified.
These cookies are used by the Website to produce anonymous statistics. They do not identify a specific person but do provide demographic information about all visitors to the Website (age and gender). They also recognise and count them, and identify how they move around the Website as they use it. This helps improve the operation of the Website e.g. by ensuring that users can easily find what they are looking for.
Users can deactivate this type of cookie here.
You can accept or refuse the use of those cookies:
Targeting and advertising cookies
These cookies are used by the Website to display advertisements with relevant content matching your interests.
You can accept or refuse the use of those cookies:
HOW TO OPPOSE TO COOKIES?
If a user wishes to change his or her cookie preferences, he or she can do so at any time on the Website or by configuring the settings of his or her browser:
For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
For Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=FR
Depending on the settings, navigation will be modified and access to the Website's services will be more or less limited. In particular, deactivating functional cookies will alter or even make it impossible to visit the Website.
8. SPECIFIC INFORMATION FOR MINORS
If information is collected about a minor under 15 years of age by the Website, the minor's legal guardian must give his or her prior consent and validate the sending of the data.